Auto-generated subtitles not working? (tvOS 27 Beta)

I am testing out the new auto-generated subtitles feature on iOS 27 and tvOS 27. It works on iOS, but not on tvOS. Very same HLS videos.

Anyone have any experience with auto-generated subtitles on tvOS 27? AFAICT, there is no special code needed to enable this feature for our apps, correct?

Answered by jpdev001 in 907403022

Update: Must have been a bug. Without changing anything on my end, auto-generated subtitles are now working on the official tvOS release. 👍

@jpdev001 Thanks for your post, may I ask what app in Apple TV are you using?

Did you develop the app of is from a 3rd party developer or is an Apple app?

Thanks

Albert  WWDR

This is testing in my own app. Details in FB report #FB24589446

Investigating further, it appears this might be due to differences between how iOS and tvOS utilize AVAssetResourceLoaderDelegate.

I want ios 27

Accepted Answer

Update: Must have been a bug. Without changing anything on my end, auto-generated subtitles are now working on the official tvOS release. 👍

Auto-generated subtitles not working? (tvOS 27 Beta)
 
 
Q