Hi everyone,
I’m looking for advice regarding an Apple Developer Program membership issue.
I originally had an Individual membership, which I recently converted to an Organization membership for my business.
However, my business is a French micro-entreprise / entreprise individuelle (sole proprietorship). I subsequently discovered that Apple’s documentation states that an individual or sole proprietor/single-person business should enroll as an Individual.
The Organization membership is also causing problems with the tax forms because my business is not a separate legal entity from myself.
Apple Developer Support confirmed that Organization → Individual conversion is not supported.
My app is currently only in TestFlight. It has never been released on the App Store and has no IAP or subscriptions submitted for review.
I’m therefore considering creating a new Apple Account and enrolling again in the Apple Developer Program as an Individual, then recreating the app under that account.
Has anyone been in this situation?
In particular:
- Can the same person enroll in a new Individual Developer Program membership using a different Apple Account while still being the Account Holder of an existing Organization membership?
- Are there any identity-verification issues when doing this?
- Is creating a new Individual membership the recommended solution when an Organization membership cannot be converted back?
I already have an open case with Apple Developer Support but haven’t received clarification yet.
Thanks for any advice or experience with a similar situation.